Job Title: Engine Programmer (Experienced/Senior)
Rebellion Oxford is now looking for experienced Engine Programmers to join our core engine technology team, including specialist areas such as tools, network, graphics and AI. This is an exciting opportunity to work on new technology, supporting multiple AAA titles currently in development for all current and next-generation platforms, including online multiplayer, PC and consoles. You must be able to quickly familiarise yourself with our existing codebase in order to push the boundaries and drive our industry-leading internal engine and tools suite even further. This is a permanent full-time role based in-house at our Oxford headquarters. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
Qualifications & Experience:
The ideal applicant will have at least 3 years’ experience working in the console games industry using C/C++, preferably in technical programming within a cross-platform engine. A strong academic background is also preferred with a 1st class or 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or other science-related subject, but not essential if you have appropriate experience.
- Write and develop robust maintainable engine code
- Implement features across all current and next-gen platforms, including prototypes and new technologies
- Identify and solve technical problems as they arise, including cross-platform issues, debugging, profiling and optimising for reduced memory usage and increased real-time performance
- Maintain and add to existing codebase, including low/mid-level systems to support pipelines and higher-level programmers
- Respond to feature requests and bug reports from game development staff
- Research new tools, techniques and processes and how they can benefit Rebellion
- Collaborate productively, communicating ideas and issues clearly across disciplines
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, meeting multiple production objectives and deadlines
- Excellent C/C++ skills with the ability to write clear maintainable code
- Strong debugging, profiling and optimising
- Ability to work with a large existing codebase, learn new systems/concepts and implement them quickly and efficiently
- Good communication and teamworking with game developers from all disciplines
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, organisational and problem solving skills, with the ability to accept and follow direction
- A genuine interest in playing games
- Knowledge and interest in any specific areas of engine code (eg. graphics, tools, networking, AI, physics, maths, multi-threading, user-interfaces, third-party APIs) would be an advantage, as would any coding experience in other languages (eg. Perl, PHP, mySQL, C#)
How To Apply
To apply for this job, or register your interest for future jobs, please apply by email to email@example.com
remember to include your CV, completed application form (click here to download
) and portfolio link.
Rebellion can only consider applicants who can provide examples of their work, and who can legally work in the UK.
In addition to practical skills, all successful applicants are:
- Team players, with good communication skills
- Capable of taking direction
- Self motivated and disciplined
- Passionate about games!