Job Title: QA Analyst (experienced, contract)
Rebellion Oxford is now looking for experienced, enthusiastic and motivated Quality Assurance Analysts to join our existing internal QA team. We need testers who are passionate about games on all platforms to test our latest games for issues and report errors. Our QA team is responsible for testing on current and next-gen consoles as well as PC, iOS, mobile and online multiplayer, ensuring all technical requirements are met and that our games achieve the best possible quality.
This is a full-time role based in-house at our Oxford headquarters, available for approximately 6 months on a temporary employed contract basis (not freelance or agency). You must be able to legally work in the UK and available for extended hours when necessary.
We’re looking for people with at least 2 years’ experience testing current-generation game consoles. Ideally you will have experience in the full development cycle, from start to finish, and a good knowledge of TRC/TCR's is preferred, particularly Microsoft.
- Find and/or reproduce bugs and defects in games and other interactive products, investigating and reporting on these and verifying fixes before games go live
- Follow test plans and test for functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other systems, including rigorous testing during submission processes
- Maintain and update Rebellion bug databases, documenting test results accurately
- Create and maintain well defined test plans to meet functional and technical specifications
- Collaborate productively within larger multi-disciplined project team environments, working closely with development teams and external publisher QA to identify, report and recreate bugs, communicating ideas and issues clearly, to ensure highest quality outcomes
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, meeting multiple production objectives and deadlines
- Good understanding of game development and software testing methods
- Experience of using bug testing and tracking software, eg Mantis, DevTrack
- Competent PC user with confident report writing, spreadsheet and database skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Methodical with consistent excellent attention to detail, ability to remain focussed when approaching repetitive tasks
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, organisational and problem solving skills, as well as teamworking and the ability to accept and follow direction
- A genuine interest in playing games
- Technical experience and knowledge of current-gen TRC/TCR's is preferred, particularly Microsoft’s full certification process for the Xbox 360
How To Apply
To apply for this job, or register your interest for future jobs, please apply by email to email@example.com
remember to include your CV, completed application form (click here to download
) and portfolio link.
Rebellion can only consider applicants who can provide examples of their work, and who can legally work in the UK.
In addition to practical skills, all successful applicants are:
- Team players, with good communication skills
- Capable of taking direction
- Self motivated and disciplined
- Passionate about games!