Job Title: Senior Technical Artist
Rebellion Oxford is seeking an experienced senior technical artist to assist our in-house art team to get the most from target development platforms. You will work in the art team and with programmers to define and improve pipelines, workflows and tools, using industry standard 3D packages as well as our own proprietary tools. You will create prototypes, stress test our Asura game engine and create documentation, to ensure that art production maximises the technical possibilities of each project.
The ideal candidate will have 3 years’ industry experience, including 2 published titles. Please include a link to your portfolio of examples demonstrating outstanding visual and technical ability, high-resolution modelling in Max and/or Z-brush, and normal mapped artwork.
- Work closely with art and code teams to understand game design requirements and the game engine
- Help develop new tools and techniques, create and define workflows and processes to maximise technically strong art production for upcoming projects, work with artists and game engine programmers to develop necessary tools, scripts and plugins
- Improve and innovate, solve technical art production issues, challenge existing practice, identify and question inefficiencies within current production processes, improve and simplify processes
- Track and monitor projects to ensure technical compliance and maximum efficiencies with memory, GPU, CPU and game render performance
- Bridge art and programming teams, facilitate communication of knowledge and ideas between departments, implement and explain art pipelines to artists, create and maintain guidelines and documentation for art production processes
- Share your expertise with artists, train and support them to achieve desired workflows, ensure technical knowledge is available to and accessed by all
- Ensure best practice and aid in the continuing professional development of artists, demonstrate and communicate clear expectations for quality of work and professionalism
- Research and keep up to date with new industry developments, explore new tools, techniques and processes and how they can benefit Rebellion
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills, with the ability to work successfully across disciplines and help others to do the same
- Excellent knowledge of various game engines and current graphics technology, cross-platform development, art production workflows and techniques for PS3 and/or Xbox360
- Excellent understanding of rendering costs, budgets and other technical issues related to current generation performance, with use of PIX or GPAD
- Strong experience with 3DS Max and diverse knowledge of game artwork development, including 3D hardware, shader materials, building environments, lighting, PFX and VFX
- Knowledge of ZBrush, Mudbox, MotionBuilder and/or Maya would be an advantage
- Any Mel, MaxScript, shader authoring and/or Python coding experience would also be beneficial
How To Apply
To apply for this job, or register your interest for future jobs, please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
remember to include your CV, completed application form (click here to download
) and portfolio link.
Rebellion can only consider applicants who can provide examples of their work, and who can legally work in the UK.
In addition to practical skills, all successful applicants are:
- Team players, with good communication skills
- Capable of taking direction
- Self motivated and disciplined
- Passionate about games!