Job Title: Mid-Senior Environment Artist
Rebellion Oxford is looking for an experienced environment artist who is passionate about creating spectacular and convincing environments for games. Successful applicants will be talented and highly-motivated, with a genuine interest in playing games.
At least 3 years’ industry experience modelling, texturing and lighting game environments is required – with experience of a full production cycle, from beginning to end, on at least 1 published game. Please include a link to your portfolio of examples demonstrating outstanding visual and technical ability, high-resolution modelling in Max and/or Z-brush, and normal mapped game environments.
- Create models of 3D environments, map predefined textures, create new textures and light environments for Rebellion games
- Create artwork to the highest visual quality whilst working efficiently to time and memory budgets
- Work to a functional and aesthetic brief, within technical constraints
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure
- Collaborate productively within a multi-disciplined team environment
- Work effectively and prioritise own tasks
- Expert ability with 3d Studio Max and Adobe Photoshop
- Create normal maps using 3ds Max, Photoshop, ZBrush or CrazyBump
- First-class texture creation skills including a comprehensive knowledge of multi-layered material/shader effects
- Model and texture both high and low polygon environments, including terrain, buildings and props
- Strong technical understanding of console limitations and knowledge of efficient artwork techniques
- Strong UV mapping skills with efficient layouts
- Strong understanding of form, composition, colour and light in environments and architecture
- Ideally able to demonstrate understanding of real-time lighting and HDR techniques and their application in games. Understanding of particle systems would also be an advantage
- Ability to translate concept and reference artwork into 3D game assets
- Good communication skills, willingness to accept and follow direction
How To Apply
To apply for this job, or register your interest for future jobs, please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
remember to include your CV, completed application form (click here to download
) and portfolio link.
Rebellion can only consider applicants who can provide examples of their work, and who can legally work in the UK.
In addition to practical skills, all successful applicants are:
- Team players, with good communication skills
- Capable of taking direction
- Self motivated and disciplined
- Passionate about games!